I am going to share with you the secret knowledge known to only a select few. I will give you the nine words which, if held in your heart, will transform Success and Failure into coins you can distribute to whomever you choose.
“The risk of offending is the price of truth.”
In other words, to be clearly understood you must speak the simple, essential truth as plainly as you are able. Some will say you are a jerk and others will hear your words and recognize the truth when they hear it.
Believe me I know. I have been the focus of many a critic in my own market and across the Nation. There is a risk to being the messenger of truth.
Is clarity worth the risk of insult? Most people think not, and as for the reason their ads don’t work. These people are obvious in everything they do.
Most human beings want the truth even when it hurts. However, if you are the messenger of “truth” others in your profession will try to force you back into the mainstream way of doing things.
Why? It’s because those who don’t speak truths, are exposed as sure as if they were standing there naked to the world. It makes them extremely uncomfortable. You have raised the bar.
Therefore, they will fight you vehemently to keep you “down” so they remain within their comfort zone.
In real estate I have found that one of the biggest moments of truth presents itself almost every time we are faced with rendering our opinion of the estimated market value of someone’s property.
Many a listing has been secured by telling the Home Owner what she wants to hear vs. the unvarnished truth as to what it will really take to get that home sold in today’s market.
In my experience there are some truths that are best spoken with an adjustment of our words so as not to offend yet will still convey the absolute truth. See if you agree with the truth of how I handle the market value question.
I tell the Sellers that determining the current market value of their home in not an exact science. Rather it is a best-guess scenario. As good as I may be at what I do, not even I can tell you what the current market value is for your home.
True market value is determined the moment a buyer says, “I’ll buy it and will pay this exact price for it!” Now, provided that Buyer follows through and closes escrow and buy that home, then and only then, is the market value determined.
With that being said even a professional appraisal is nothing more than another person’s best-guess based on facts of record along with a series of adjustments which are subjective for the most part.
Therefore, there are lots of opinions and just one set of facts. Together we will examine the facts of record of what similar homes have sold for in the recent past. And together we will determine a “Pricing Strategy” that will assure we sell your home for the highest realistic price possible.
Since I have adopted this dialogue and have combined it with my objective “Total Market Overview” which is completely different from the standard CMA which is subjective. More on that later.
There you have it! The real TRUTH about how I secure 99%+ of the listing presentations I go on. Get every listing either priced-right or soon to be priced-right because I also secure automatic price enhancements (reductions) every 30 days until the property is SOLD! Oh, and I also secure every listing for a one year term. In other words I get paid on every listing I take and so should you!
Until next time please remember to find out what people want and need then, make it easy for them to get it!
My Very Best to You!
Rand Smith
Check out one of my Marketing Secrets from my Video Coaching, Agent Training Program:
No comments:
Post a Comment